Sunday, May 22, 2011

The hard climb

My motorcycle engine misfires at over 500RPM so I dismantled the air cleaner and start the engine. I positioned my fingers to block the carburetor intake side where the air cleaner was connected and twist the accelerator handle to speed the engine. It didn’t misfire so I put the air cleaner back and positioned the choke lever in the middle so the airflow valve is now blocking the air and allowing only less air through. The engine runs good or so it seems. Riding my motorcycle with the choke lever in the middle position is unnatural and I suspect that something is wrong.
When I used my motorcycle going up to Baguio, it was overheating and I have to cool it off 5 times before reaching the top and the cool weather of Baguio City made it run better. We (me and Norma) barely made it to the top because the engine has a weak pull and I actually decided once while we were on our mid-climb to go back down to Laoac, but realizing that we had already spent most of our money and our best option is to pray that our ride will bring us to the top, we continued the climb.
God heard our prayers and we’re safely backed home. I took the motorcycle to an expert mechanic for assessment and was told to prepare a big sum of money as he suspect that the engine needs a major overhaul. I need time to think as my funds are limited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment